It is time. The stars have aligned. The animals grow hushed, and in the wind you swear you hear a whisper:
Buffalo Beer Week.
The beer we have
Remember when I said we had a few more tricks up our sleeves? cracks knuckles
- The Whale
- The IPA
- De Maas
- Rutherford B. Haze
- Wet Frank
- Porter Collaboration Project: brewed with Pearl Street, made with coffee from public
- Rye Barrel aged Whale with local sour cherries (32 oz only, $9)
- The Snow 2013: our imperial stout from last year! (32 oz only, $9)
- Beer Week IPA: The IPA chock full of extra hops!
The beer we will have
When I was younger I bought myself a video game the day after Christmas, and my dad had to explain to me that it made me seem ungrateful for what I had gotten. You’re kind of doing that now, you know that? All this, and you want more?
Well, you’re in luck. Tomorrow we’ll also have:
- Nouveau Riche, our cream ale
- Singularity (Calypso), the return of our single hop IPA series!
Buffalo Beer Week events
- 9/25 (tonight!): Buffalo Beer Week launch party at Templeton Landing
- 9/26: Brewed in Buffalo Launch Party at Adam Mickiewicz Library and Dramatic Circle
- 9/30: The Wake of Rutherford B. Haze at Hot Mama’s Canteen (optionally: meet at 6 on the corner of Grant & Amherst for a funeral procession to Hot Mama’s)
- 10/2: Hop Kitchen at Artisan Kitchen & Bath
- 10/5: Prepaired at The Black Sheep (note: this had to be rescheduled from 9/28, for which we apologize)
What else we’ve been up to
- I wrote Music Box 9 this week. Given the queue of My Embeered Life posts I have it won’t be up until late October.
- Larkin Buzz: Hydraulic Hearth, in which Buffalo Rising writes about the progress of our satellite brewery.
- Beer & Board Games: Kingdom Builder (Part 2: Board Games), the game playing portion of our latest beer & board game gathering.
Other nifty beer things
- Awesome Beer Cans Show the Pantone Color of the Brew That’s Inside
- Taptrails Maps Out Buffalo’s Breweries
When Vin Diesel recorded his lines for Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy he also recorded his line(s) in other languages. While wearing stilts. So he “could feel what it was like to be a seven and a half foot tree.”
Now then, let’s end on a gif of you during Beer Week: