What, just because it’s Christmas you didn’t think you’d get a blog post? Well here we are. And let’s talk about January 3rd:
New Year, New Beer
On January 3rd from 12-8 we’re hosting a shindig of sorts: New Year, New Beer. What will we have? Well:
We’ll unveil our new year round offering, That IPA. Brewed with Simcoe & Mosaic, That IPA just plain kicks ass.
I know what you’re thinking. Only one beer? Just a few days after New Year’s Eve? Why leave my nice, warm house? Well how about a few more? We’ll also have, for the first time ever, ABV IPA, brewed for Mike Shatzel’s new ABV burger bar in Allentown. And a brewery only release of an oldie but goodie, IPFrank. And a double dry hopped cask of The IPA. And Singularity (Galaxy). And a new batch of The End Is Rye. And maybe a surprise. Or two surprises. All beers will be available for samples, glasses and growler fills.*
*Ok, ok. No growler fills of the cask. Sorry.
The beer we have
You’ve been busy. That cask of Duality didn’t even make it until I got in on Tuesday. Not that I’m bitter. I’m just a bit bitter.
- The Whale
- The IPA
- Stout Affective Disorder
- Saison #1
- Rosemary’s Snow Baby
Events in the next week
Not so much an event as a lack of events: don’t forget that we’re closed today and tomorrow. We’ll be open 12-4 as usual on Saturday.
What else we’ve been up to
- Last week we kicked off our pint-selling with a cask of The Whale!
- This week we had Duality (Galaxy/Mosaic), which kicked in just over a day.
- Over the past two weeks we had tastings at four different Consumers. I staffed the Saturday one and it was great to talk to everyone!
- This week’s #sundayread was The Belly of the Beast, a look inside the Anheuser Busch pilot brewery
- Last night was Festivus! I learned I do not know any Seinfeld trivia.
- Hydraulic Hearth is probably the last place in Buffalo with Heatrays.
- Seinfeld trivia ended with a tie for second place. So, naturally, they arm wrestled (see above).
- And then some reposts from holidays past, starting with the Christmas beer and music podcast1 Alex and I did last year.
- A Christmas poem
- Rudy the local brewer
- Another carol for your holidays
- Not in the spirit of things at all, but something that’s been sitting in my Instapaper account, begging to be read: Escape from Jonestown
- Think this post was too long?
It’s not actually a podcast, because there’s no rss feed. I had planned to do lots of them before realizing how long editing would take. ↩