Another Thursday, another post: let’s get down to it!
The beer we have
- The Whale
- That IPA
- Stout Affective Disorder
- Nouveau Riche
- ABV IPA
- Singularity (Galaxy)
- Espresso Whale
Please note that this week’s cask will be tapped tomorrow: we’re switching to Fridays for that from now on.
The beer we will have
- A cask of Frank with Chinook hops
- and, hopefully: Saison #2!
What else we’ve been up to
- The art of delivering beer, part two, which caused my wife to ask why a picture of handcuffs was in our Photo Stream
- Ethan co-wrote a book about Buffalo Beer, appropriately named Buffalo Beer, which you can find at your local book purveyor, or us directly!
- Did you forget about our fifth book club? I hope not! I had forgotten what an amazing book it is, especially when paired with a good IPA
- Dungeons & Dragons & Beer, Part 3: Plop Turd, a whirlwind of a gaming session
- Hmm, whatever could those grains up by the beer list be?
Other nifty beer things
- A recent history of Buffalo’s brewing scene from Buffalo Business First
- This week’s Sunday Read: A Modest Proposal for the Removal of the Word “Craft” From Beer, which may be one of our more controversial reads
- Know Your Local Beer Names, a quiz from WNY Craft Beer Magazine devoted to local breweries’ offerings (hint the answer to #1 is in this very post)
- I admit that I have thought about how to make myself seem like a wizard if I get transported back to the past on at least a semi-frequent basis.
- The Ghostbusters casting announcement: