Greetings, comrades! What have you been up to this fine week? As for us, well:
The beer we have
- The Whale
- The IPA
- De Maas
- Rutherford B. Haze: for now! Our dear Rutherford is dying soon.
- Wet Frank: A small bit still remains!
The beer we’ll have soon
Remember last week when I said we might have some more beer to announce? Yeah. We do. Buffalo Beer Week keeps getting better.
How about a cream ale, called Nouveau Riche? Rudy says:
A nice hit of Czech Saaz and German Hallertau Milttlefruh at flameout.
Reinheitsgebot be damned!
Expect that at retail next Friday.
Events in the next week
- This Saturday: the Ballpark Brew Bash! We’ll be bringing The IPA and The Whale, with the dramatic return of Tripod — our tripel aged in apple brandy barrels from Buffalo Distilling — available in the VIP area. If you’d like to watch an interview with many of the breweries who will be there, check out the segment on Winging It!
- Next Thursday: our penultimate visit to the Downtown Country Market. Stop down between 11 and 2:30!
What else we’ve been up to
- You have until tomorrow to contact me to get in on our book club preorder. Many of you already have your copy of Nickel City Drafts, and that’s fine! Meet with us on November 19th at 7 pm on the second floor of Mister Goodbar for the discussion.
- Remember when we added taps to the side of our van? It was set up at Bidwell this past week and it was pretty awesome.
- Singularity (Calypso) got brewed last week. Expect it during Buffalo Beer Week.
- Also brewed: Heatrays, our barleywine! That will be coming by Thanksgiving.
- Beer & Board Games: Kingdom Builder (Part 1: Beer): Folks from five different Buffalo/beer avenues got together to get their Eurogame on. Next week we’ll have the game recap, but here’s the beer we drank!
Other nifty beer things
- Which Is Closer: Local Beer or Local Whiskey?, a post on using Wolfram Alpha to do some cool data visualizations
- Mason jars, man. Mason jars.
I’m thinking I’ll end the post each week with something non beer related. ↩