Buffalo Beer Week is over. Is it back to normalcy? Pfft.
The beer we have
- The Whale
- De Maas
- The IPA
- Rutherford B. Haze
- Stout Affective Disorder
- Nouveau Riche
- Singularity (Calypso)
The beer we will have
I know, I know, that’s a lot of beer, right? Surely we don’t need any more! Pfft again!
Available tomorrow: the return of The End Is Rye! Our black rye IPA is back!
Events in the next week
Just because Beer Week is done doesn’t mean we can’t have fun & excitement!
This Tuesday we have a beer pairing dinner at Lenox Grill. You want course information? Saddle up:
First course: Braised Chicken Chimichanga Topped with Salsa Verde & Cotija Cheese (Paired with Frank)
Second course: Bangers & Mashed, Grilled Smoked Sausage Served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes Finished with Maple Caramelized Onion (Paired with The Whale)
Third course: Curried Lamb Stew Served with Jasmine Scented Steamed Rice (Paired with The IPA)
Fourth course: Dark Chocolate Tart Filled with Warm Chocolate Ganache Finished with Salted Caramel & Espresso Cream (Paired with Stout Affective Disorder)
Tickets are $30 each: call Lenox at 716-884-1700 for reservations!
What else we’ve been up to
- Hop Kitchen was delicious and amazing and if you couldn’t make it you will forever regret it (I say that as someone who had to miss it)
- Matt from WNY Craft Beer Magazine wrote about Singularity (Calypso) in The Buffalo News
- The Whale is on tap at Mohawk Place, and there was much rejoicing
- Whistling in the Steam, a recount of my trip to the Steam Whistle brewery in Toronto
- Our latest batch of growlers and glasses are from a different manufacturer, meaning they have slight but noticeable differences from our old batch. This means, of course, you have to re-buy everything
- Similar to Hop Kitchen, check out the food from Prepaired at The Black Sheep, including the scotch egg that changed Rudy’s life
Other nifty beer things
- Apparently scientists are working on using yeast to make morphine?
- Why is pumpkin beer released in August?
- Do you have your Taptrails map yet?
- Sterling Place is closed for good, which is about the saddest news I’ve heard this month.