The beer we have
Fans of our cream ale, Nouveau Riche (of which I am the president), I have bad news: it’s all gone. For now? It’s rather like the end of a horror movie. It might be back, next year or at another lake house or something, but we make no guarantees.
You know what is back? The End Is Rye, our black IPA with (you guessed it) rye. Here’s the full list:
- The Whale
- The IPA
- De Maas
- Rutherford B. Haze
- Stout Affective Disorder
- Singularity (Calypso)
- The End Is Rye
The beer we will have
After an extended absence over the summer, the Singularity series — in which each beer has the same malt bill and only changes which one hop is used — is chugging along! Next week we’ll have Singularity (Falconer’s Flight 7cs), which is similar to a past entry, (Falconer’s Flight), except a different strain of the hop. Expect it next Thursday.
What else we’ve been up to
- 15 beers, this week’s My Embeered Life post, in which I relate to you the beer I’ve been drinking
- Tuesday was our beer pairing dinner at Lenox Grill! Ethan woke up ill and so I had to step in: while I hope he felt better I was 100% okay with this development because I got to eat the food and dear lord it was tasty.
Other nifty beer things
- This week’s #sundayreads1: So Long, Shaker Pint: The Rise And Fall of America’s Awful Beer Glass
- Your beer attracts fruit flies on purpose
- Not a beer thing, but still very cool: BreadHive got a post on BuzzFeed about their flamin’ hot Cheetos bagel
- Who’s the donor?, from The Story Collider, a science storytelling podcast. Karen Hopkin talks about her quest to find sperm so that she could have a child in a short (14:50) podcast that is equal parts entertaining, funny and completely out of my realm of experience.
- Think this fella could fill a growler?
It’s a thing. #sundayreads. Tell your friends. ↩