Well. Snow. Yes. Whilst you sit at home, building beer fridges directly outside your door, have some news!
We are open today, 3-7 as always, although I quite understand if you can’t make it out.
The beer we have
- The Whale
- The IPA
- Stout Affective Disorder
- The End Is Rye
- The Double IPA
Yes, we don’t have The Snow, but we do have an 11% abv barleywine available! It pairs quite nicely with snuggling under a blanket and Hulu marathons.
Special retail hours incoming
Next week is Thanksgiving! That’s on Thursday, as Thanksgivings tend to be. So, obviously, we won’t have retail next Thursday. However, we will have retail next Wednesday, from 12-7! Satiate all your pre-Thanksgiving beer needs with us.
What else we’ve been up to
- Last Thursday I hung out with the Big Ditch folks at Fat Bob’s, having a rollicking good time
- Sunday was the Armor Inn Brewfest! Thanks to everyone who came out and enjoyed some beer with us
- We brewed a rosemary mint porter with OFW this week (see above); updates as it ferments!
- A defense of snow, in which I talk about how I like snow for the same reasons I like having a beer with friends
- Last night we had our discussion for the CBW Book Club, Nickel City Drafts, via Google Hangout instead of at Goodbar due to the weather. Expect a full writeup, as well as the announcement of the next book, on Tuesday!
- Starting today we’ll also be having another food drive to benefit the Black Rock/Riverside Emergency Food Pantry. Bring in two nonperishable items, or toss a dollar in a jar, and get $1 off a 64 oz growler fill!
Other nifty beer things
- This week’s #sundayreads: Extreme Beer Judging, from Pete Brown
- D.I.Y. Beer Making Can Become a Passion, Artvoice in support of homebrewing. I often tell people that homebrewing is a great hobby but then you wind up owning a brewery.
- Muppet Christ Superstar, songs from Jesus Christ Superstar as sung by Muppets. Muppet. Christ. Superstar. This is not a drill. “When you separate / the myth from the frog / you will see / where we all soon will be.”