Where Great Beer and Cool Stuff Happens
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT COMMUNITY BEER WORKS?
After a couple months of enjoying the sun on our beer patio we’ve decided it’s time to take a step back and reimagine our taproom at 520 7th Street. Starting Labor Day (Monday, September 7) our taproom and beer patio will pause, for a little while.
Above all, we’re concerned for the health and safety of our staff, their families, and our customers. Like all of our peers in the brewing and service industries, we’ve taken measures over the last couple of months to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all communities. Those efforts, however, along with the very understandable fear of COVID-19 have completely changed the landscape of what it means to operate a brewery taproom. We don’t see that changing any time soon.
Although our home on the Lower West Side has plenty of outdoor space, we need to rethink what your experience will be with us in the fall and winter months.
Here’s what we’ll be working on while the taproom is closed:
- Installing a brand new air filtration system to help reduce the risk for everyone who enters our space.
- Changing our floor layout to offer a responsible, socially distant, and comfortable indoor experience.
- Revamping our service model to enhance how we provide beer and food.
- We’re also working with renowned Art & Creative Director Rob Neiler to give our taproom a glow up! Rob has worked on some really great projects including the Genesee Brew House in Rochester, and Schlafly Brewing Co. in St. Louis, MO. We’re so excited to get started with Rob and can’t wait to show you some sneak peeks of what we’re working on! For now here’s a little teaser from one of Rob’s initial concepts for our space:
Rough design concept – February 2020
SCHAEFER MALT HOUSE LOFTS
In addition to what’s happening inside our taproom, there’s something really exciting happening OUTSIDE too! You may have noticed the large building that towers over our brewery and taproom; that’s the former home of Schaefer & Brother Malting Company, which is currently being transformed into 35 amazing apartments called the Schaefer Malt House Lofts. The Schaefer Malt House, which dates back to 1880, is an exciting part of Buffalo’s brewing history and we are honored to be part of its next chapter!
Construction in progress – August 2020
MORE BEER AND NEW FOOD OPTIONS
On top of all that, we’re installing new tanks and adding a barrel program to our brewery! #MoreBeer
Left to right: Ryan Demler – Director of Brewing Ops, Robert Turley – Head Brewer, Chris “Pepper” Jones – Cellarman, Ethan Cox – President & Co-Founder
Finally, what would a new taproom be without a new food menu? We’ve asked Joe Creegan, our Taproom General Manager, to come up with a menu that reflects the changes we’re making to our taproom experience!
When we invite you back we’ll have more beer, a new food menu, and an exciting new look and feel to our taproom!
WE’RE STILL EMBEERING BUFFALO!
We may be temporarily closing our taproom, but we’re in no way done providing you with great beer!
- There are hundreds of restaurants in WNY that are serving fresh CBW. We hope that you’ll continue to support them and #AskForACBW while you’re there!
- You’ll find CBW stocked at purveyors of fine beer throughout WNY; Wegmans, Consumers Beverages, Premier Gourmet, Tops, Lexington Co-op, and Dash’s, just to name a few!
- We’re expanding our curbside pick-up to seven days a week!
- We’re still delivering beer to your door two days a week!
- We’re scheduling pop-up shops to help you find our award-winning beer where you may least expect it!
And coming soon:
- We’ll be shipping beer across New York State—what!?!? Right?
- You’ll be able to bring the CBW experience into your home, backyard, or socially distant block party with a variety of catering options!
More to come on those!
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Curbside Pick-Up:
- Monday thru Thursday – 3PM to 7PM
- Friday – 3PM to 8PM + Patio Service
- Saturday – 11AM to 8PM + Patio Service
- Sunday – 10AM to 1PM
- Home Delivery:
- Deliveries made every Wednesday & Friday (click here for details)
EMBEER YOU SOON!
Thank you to everyone who has stopped by the taproom over the past couple months. There’s still so much ahead of us, and we cannot wait to share the next chapter of our story with our community!
520 7th Street
Buffalo, NY 14201
MON thru THURS: 3PM to 7PM
FRI: 3PM to 8PM + Patio Service
SAT: 1PM to 8PM + Patio Service
SUN: 10AM to 1PM
WED & FRI: 3PM to 8PM (order by 2PM)